Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Week 6 #15

Library 2.0 - I love the fact that we are discussing how we can become more effective and have technology help us reach out to our customers and create ways for our customers to find information easily. When I first started as a librarian, we were just starting out with using computers to find information. It was using the computer to do the tedious index searching for students, researchers, and businesses. Many of my colleagues were less than supportive of new ways to help customers. I think this is part of the continuum of how libraries and societies continue to evolve. Nothing is static, and we all make our own adjustments to life around us - whether we run full tilt at it, close our eyes and hope it goes away, or somewhere in between. I really enjoyed the discussion of Library 2.0. When I think about the endless possibilities to take information and condense it, combine it, and comment on it, it allows us to expand our information possibilities. It's really quite liberating.

No comments: