Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Week 5 #11

I've already played around with bloglines, craigslist, flickr, myspace and meebo. Since I've always liked geography and maps, I had a blast creating my own maps with wayfaring.com and mappr.com. One thing that surprised me was having google listed. Somehow this seems so mainstream that I didn't think it would make the awards page. I've used youtube for a while, but some of the items seem pretty weird.

One of the things that frustrates me is that the sites can be slow to load and update. However, I can definitely see that I could use the mapping sites to create personalized neighborhood maps that show where all the schools are; perhaps adding community organizations, etc, to get a richer picture of what is going on and how we can be effective in providing outreach.

No comments: